We had the most wonderful romantic dinner last night. We went to a thai restaurant and the food was absolutely delicious ( the leftovers are waiting for me in the fridge), and I loved the way the cook incorporated peanuts into the dish.
That made me wonder if there are any dishes I could make at home that have peanuts in them. We almost always have some of them in the pantry, so I might as well use them to spice up our dinner routine.
Do you have a recipe you’d care to share?
I’ll start… this is a recipe I’m planning on making later this week. Doesn’t it sound delicious?
Asian Lettuce Wraps
* 2 teaspoons peanut oil
* 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
* 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch strips
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons mango chutney
* 18 large Bibb lettuce leaves, cleaned and dried
* 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch thin matchsticks
* 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut into 2-inch thin matchsticks
* 4 green onions, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 2-inch thin matchsticks
* 3/4 cup honey roasted Georgia peanuts, roughly chopped
Directions: Heat oils in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute more or until chicken is no longer pink. Lower heat and add chicken broth, peanut butter and chutney; stir until smooth and heated through about 3 minutes. To assemble, lay the lettuce leaves on work surface; then place equal amounts of the bell pepper, snow peas and green onion matchsticks in the center. Next spoon the chicken mixture on top then sprinkle with peanuts. Roll each lettuce leaf up and serve 3 onto each of 6 plates.
Make all your favorite restaurant dishes at home with the Copy Cat Cookbook.